Friday, August 7, 2009

Sympathy Card

I needed to create a sympathy card for someone who lost a loved one. Since I didn't have any on hand I had to make one. I find sympathy cards really difficult to make when they are needed. I find that I just can't get into the creative mood after I have just heard about some sad news. I am a sap like that! While I was busy stamping my sympathy card, I decided on 2 things:
1. I need to make some sympathy cards to have on hand just in case. Most of the time when I need one, I don't have any in stock.

2. I need a good stamp set for sympathy cards. I have lots of stamp sets, but I don't have one that has any 'sympathy' type wording that is appropriate for sympathy cards.

For this reason, I have decided to purchase the ' Thoughts and Prayers' stamp set (113252) on page 52 of the Idea Book & Catalogue. It is a great set with appropriate sentiments such as "Thinking of You", Get Well Soon", "Sharing in your Sorrow" and more. This is a must have!

I thought this card turned out quite nice. Simple, and nice. I wrote a nice sentiment on the inside as well. I know the card was very much appreciated! I hope you enjoyed it as well (especially since it is my first posted card!)

No comments:

Post a Comment